Precaution for pregnant mother from air pollution during festival
This is the time of Navratri, Durga-puja , Dussehra , Diwali , chhath puja and Guru Prakash parva etc. We all are throbbing with festivity, sharing and spreading goodness-happiness with each-other. Similarly Pregnant mothers share everything with their baby who is inside the womb. But this time I venture my friends to help you and guide you in practicing measures to reduce the exposure so that you DO NOT SHARE AIR POLLUTION WITH YOUR BABY. AND REDUCE THE THREAT.
What is Air-Pollution ?
Many forms of particulate matters of ozone, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, emission during construction of road, building, exhaust from vehicle, smoke from industry, dust and chemical. Even deodorants and perfumes having chemicals add to air-pollution.
Prolonged exposure to polluted air can cause following symptoms:
- Respiratory problems – Coughing, sneezing, wheezing, asthma, bronchitis emphysema if chronic
- Eye problems – watering, dryness, irritation and redness
- Generalized problems – chronic feeling of fatigue, exhaustion due to shortness of breath as a result of diminished lung capacity
- Fertility problem –
- AUTISM(there is increased chance of autistic baby if prolonged exposure to bad air pollution occurs in 7th to 9th month of pregnancy)
- PRETERM Birth can cause physical disabilities and neurological defects in the baby.
- LOW BIRTH WEIGHT can be a result of High AQI.
Proactive measures are:
- Stay maximum indoors as body skin absorbs 70%-80% of everything which comes in contact
- Try to cover the body as much as possible with preferably cotton clothes
- Keep Air purifying plants like – Snake plant and Spider plant in side the house at every 70-100 square yards to maintain clean air, These plants remove volatile organic compounds from the air and replace CO2 with Oxygen.
- Refrain from going to air polluted area as far as possible and check Air quality index
- Use coolers- instead of grass fit two layers of foam. When water flows and air passes through this, dust particles get trapped adsorbed. (This is temporary way and not 100 % effective )
- Use Chimneys and exhaust fan in kitchen while cooking
- Avoid using perfumed air fresheners and floor cleaners with chemicals etc.
CELEBRATE FESTIVAL ,REDUCE AIR-POLLUTION AND ENJOY LONGEVITY